Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Section default policy
This Assignment of All Rights to The Dyke: A Journal of Midlands State University (the “Agreement”) is made and effective [DATE: ],
BETWEEN: [ASSIGNOR NAMES: ] (the "Assignor"):
AND: [Midlands State University] (the "Assignee"), an entity organized and existing under the laws of the Republic of Zimbabwe, located at: Senga Road, Gweru, Zimbabwe.
WHEREAS, Assignor has prepared, written, created, or developed certain materials or works pursuant to Assignee specifications entitled in The Dyke: A Journal of Midlands State University, (hereinafter called the " Work"); against the following:
[Title of Article
WHEREAS, Assignor desires to transfer entire ownership of the copyright in the Work to Assignee;
IT IS THEREFORE agreed between Assignor and Assignee as follows:
- Assignor hereby grants, transfers, assigns, and conveys to Assignee, its successors and assigns, the entire title, right interest, ownership, and all subsidiary rights in and to the Work, including but not limited to the right to secure copyright registration therein and to any resulting registration in Assignee's name as claimant, and the right to secure renewals, reissues, and extensions of any such copyright or copyright registration in Zimbabwe or any foreign country.
- Whether the copyright in the Work shall be preserved and maintained or registered in Zimbabwe or any foreign country shall be at the sole discretion of Assignee.
- Assignor hereby confirms that Assignee and its successors and assigns, owns the entire title, right and interest in the work, including the right to public, reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon the copyright in the Work, distribute by sale, by rental, lease or lending or by other transfer of ownership; and to display, in and to the Work, whether or not the Work constitutes a "work made for hire".
- Assignor agrees that only moral rights in the Work are retained by Assignor.
- Assignor agrees to take all actions and cooperate as is necessary to protect the copyright ability of the Work and further agrees to execute any documents that might be necessary to perfect Assignee's ownership of copyrights in the Work and to registration.
- All terms of this Agreement are applicable to any portion or part of the Work, as well as the Work in its entirety.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto; this Agreement supersedes any prior oral or written agreement or understanding between the parties.
- This Agreement has been interpreted under the Zimbabwean Copyright Law; and will also be litigated or prosecuted under the laws of Zimbabwe.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement on the dates set forth first above, with full knowledge of its content and significance and intending to be legally bound by the terms hereof.
Authorized Signature Authorized Signature
Print Name and Title Print Name and Title
Date and Place
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.